The Conservation Councils of Australia, representing 450 groups across all the states and territories, have signed onto a joint submission on the proposed Basin Plan in recognition that the Murray-Darling Basin is an issue of national significance. As a group the Councils had 10 key recommendations to improve the proposed Plan and called on the Government and the MDBA not to risk long-term health of the Murray-Darling Basin for short-term economic and political gain.
Download the submission here.
- Conservation Council of SA
- Conservation Council ACT (ConsACT),
- Conservation Council of Western Australia (CCWA),
- Environment Centre Northern Territory (Environment Centre NT),
- Environment Tasmania (ET),
- Environment Victoria (EV),
- Nature Conservation Council NSW (NCC),
- Queensland Conservation Council (QCC).