The South Australian Government has provided more than $100,000 for small scale grants to address local sustainability issues in a changing climate.
Grants of up to $10,000 have been awarded to twelve South Australian community groups.
The grants have been designed by Conservation SA, with support from the Department for Environment and Water, to help local community groups deliver practical, on-ground climate-related projects.Read more
The Conservation Council of South Australia (Conservation SA) welcomes the opportunity to make a response in relation to the Container Deposit Scheme Review Discussion Paper 2019.Read more
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised person keen to manage our administration and financial systems to ensure SA’s peak environment body thrives. Working with a small team of paid staff and volunteers, you will ensure the organisation has the operating systems, WHS, IT, risk, financial processes and reporting in place to thrive. You will have a clear focus on the whole of organisation internal health and successful and cohesive use of the Joinery community space.
- Manage Conservation SA’s financial processes and systems, including MYOB: general ledger, asset register, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial and cash flow monitoring
- Manage the delivery of payroll processing and statutory payments
- Assist, develop and monitor budgets, including presentation of monthly project statement
- Prepare financial, WHS and risk reports as required for presentation to EC, Finance & Audit Committee and Council
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations (including but not limited to BAS, GST, PAYG and ACNC)
- Coordinate WHS activities and policy implementation in conjunction with relevant staff committees, representatives and CE.
- Manage organisational HR systems and processes, including recruitment
- Create and maintain effective record keeping systems, both hard copy and electronic, to meet statutory and operational requirements
- Manage supplier accounts and contracts and identify purchasing efficiencies
- Oversee governance support, including the effective running of Executive and Council meetings
- Manage Joinery building services and facilities to ensure a functional and safe environment
- Ensure effective monitoring and reporting of Joinery use
Skills & Attributes
- A finance qualification plus two years’ experience; or five years’ experience in financial management at a senior level.
- Extensive MYOB (or equivalent accounts/payroll software) experience and knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of tax, financial and HR statutory obligations at a state and Federal level
- Knowledge and understanding of HR systems, legislative requirements and best practice
- Office management experience – preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- Demonstrated experience of managing and directing staff
- Demonstrated experience working with and supporting volunteers
- Ability to relate to a range of people across the organisation including staff, members, volunteers and the public
- High level of computer and database literacy
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Discernment and innovation in relation to problem-solving
- High level of personal integrity
- Commitment to environment and social justice issues
This weekend Labor is holding their biggest event of the year — and South Australians are putting climate change on the agenda.Read more
3 September 2018
Conservation legends and young achievers honoured at SA Environment Awards
2017 Nobel Peace Prize recipient Sue Colman Haseldine was awarded the 20th annual Jill Hudson Award for Environmental Protection at a gala ceremony at Tandanya last night.Read more
6 December 2018
Queensland Warns SA about UCG Heartache
Landowners directly affected by Underground Coal Gasification (UCG) in Queensland have joined with Traditional Owners and environmentalists to send a stark warning to South Australian MPs not to allow the technology here.Read more
A few years ago, a friend loaned me a book that profoundly changed my thinking about climate change.
Like many, this issue induced a vague discomfort in me. I was worried about what was happening, and how it was getting worse. But ultimately I felt stuck and impotent about what I, as an individual, could do about it.Read more
STATE ELECTION: WHAT NOW?
Chief Executive Blog: 5 April 2018
So, after 16 years of Labor we have a Liberal Government. What does it mean for South Australia’s environment?Read more
Pygmy Bluetongue Lizards are making a comeback thanks to huge efforts from scientists and conservation enthusiasts across South Australia.Read more
21 February 2018
Strong backing for Labor’s increased renewable, storage ambition
Conservation SA has welcomed today’s announcement by SA Labor to increase the state’s renewable energy target to 75% and create an energy storage target.Read more