“If the emu-wrens want to come back – they’ve got a nice safe habitat [here].” – Kym, hobby farmer.
There are many different ways to support the Recovery Program, even if you don’t have Fleurieu Swamps or MLRSEW on your property. See if you like the sound of anything below!
- Fleurieu Birdwatchers – for information about birds and bird-watching outings
- Trees For Life – run workshops on plant identification, growing native plants and weed control
- Willunga Environment Centre – bush management and sustainability information
- Natural Resources AMLR or Natural Resources SAMDB
- Friends of Parks groups such as Friends of Cox Scrub Conservation Park or Friends of Deep Creek Conservation Park
- Nature Foundation SA
If you are a land holder with a Fleurieu Peninsula Swamp on your property and are interested in becoming involved or setting up your own group, please contact Tim Vale on (08) 85520309 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.