Administrative Support Officer - Adelaide
Employer: Conservation SA
Work Type/s: Contract, Part Time
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Job posted on: 23 July 2018.
Applications close: 13 August 2018.
Responsible to: Office Manager
Salary: $50 - $53,000 pro rata depending on experience (plus 9.5% superannuation)
Status: 12 month fixed term employee contract, with possibility of extension depending on funding
Hours: Part-time – 3 days/week (flexible hours i.e. peak work periods may require more hours per week to be offset in other weeks, some evening work may be required)
Start date: As soon as practicable
About Conservation SA
Conservation SA is the state’s peak non-government environment body.
As a community-powered organisation we stand for South Australia’s environment when it’s under threat, help our member groups and other nature champions, and create and tell stories about better ways for people and nature to thrive.
For nearly 50 years, Conservation SA has been committed to protecting, restoring and conserving South Australia’s unique natural environments and promoting a more sustainable future for our state. We speak and act on behalf of over 60 environment-related community groups and their 90,000 supporters.
As well as acting across the state, we host and run South Australia’s community environment space: The Joinery.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and organised person keen to take on a wide range of tasks to ensure SA’s peak environment body thrives.
Reporting to our Office Manager, you will provide a range of support services across the whole organisation, including successful use of the Joinery space, Executive Committee and Council secretarial services, financial processing and campaign and event delivery.
You will be great at multi-tasking and interacting with the general public, member groups and volunteers. In particular, you will take great pride in the Joinery and make sure that it is as successful as it can be.
- Provide CCSA reception services, including phone, mail and visitor greeting, as directed.
- Assist with records management to ensure effective record keeping systems
- Assist with the effective running of Executive and Council meetings, including secretarial support as required (agendas, paper coordination, promotion and, if necessary, minutes)
- Support the Chief Executive and other staff as required, including appointment liaison, correspondence, and travel arrangements.
- Assist with financial processing from fundraising
- Assist with database updates and management
- Assist the successful use of the Joinery’s ground floor facilities, including inductions, and ensuring rooms are set up for meetings and workshops
- Work with the ASC Coordinator, Office Manager, tenants and volunteers, to identify, initiate and develop opportunities for partnerships, funding, venue hire and other activation of the Joinery (seminars, demonstrations, displays etc)
- Assist with volunteer participation in Joinery activities
- Assist with the successful delivery of on-site and off-site events and other campaign activity, as directed
Skills & Attributes
Positive, can-do attitude
Flexibility and the ability to deal with ambiguity
Initiative and self-motivation
Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships, networks, partnerships and consultative processes with a wide range of organisations and individuals
Demonstrated experience in the provision of administrative support
Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads and juggle competing tasks
Proficient written and oral communication skills
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software and proficiency in the operation of standard office equipment
Experience with databases
Experience with committee processes
Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
Demonstrated ability to act with honour, integrity and trust
Please email your application to [email protected] no later than 13 August 2018
To find out more, please read the position description or call 08 8223 5155