Member groups are the heart of the Conservation Council and pivotal to our role as the state's peak body for the environment.
The collective strength that comes from a united and connected membership enables us to provide leadership and be a voice for South Australia's nature places.
Our Member Groups have contributed to our strong and strategic vision for a healthy environmental future for SA.
Benefits of membership
- adding the weight of your organisation to the state's peak voice on environment matters
- having a vote on Conservation Council SA and an opportunity to have your say on many conservation policies and decisions
- the opportunity to link-in and network with other groups to share expertise, resources and ideas
- strategic advice and support around lobbying and representation of conservation issues that concern you, to politicians, media, the public and industry
- the opportunity to nominate for the Conservation Council SA's annual environmental awards
- input to Conservation Council SA work on a wide array of issues, including creation of environmental policy and position statements, representation on government committees, and development of submissions
- access to the Joinery, with its range of facilities and services including meeting spaces (with kitchen facilities), and space for promotion of membership
- a link to your group on the Conservation SA website
- regular member updates with the latest news that matters to your organisation
- invitations to seminars and workshops on matters of environment and conservation interest
- attendance at quarterly Council meetings with guest speakers, environmental 'hot topic' updates.
Your voice as a member
Members are asked to nominate one councillor and one deputy for that councillor to represent the member organisation at Conservation Council SA.
Councillors shall be entitled to participate in discussion and decision-making at quarterly Council meetings and shall have one vote in any decision where voting is required.
Annual fee schedule is based on financial members in SA or annual turnover if not a member-based group.
(Please note that groups will be invoiced for the annual fee once accepted as a member. Please do not send fees with your application form.)
Please contact us on 08 8223 5155 for more information.