As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve rapidly, Conservation SA is actively considering how we can continue to be a strong and effective voice for nature and the environment in the coming weeks and months.
Above all, it is vital we remain strong and consistent in our role as the voice for the environment in South Australia.
To make sure this happens, the following decisions have been made:
1) As the health and wellbeing of our community must be our number one priority at this point in time, we have closed the ground floor of our home The Joinery at 111 Franklin Street until further notice. Visit thejoinery.org.au/covid19 for ongoing updates.
2) We are switching our operations to work online and remotely. Our team already has skills and experience working in this way so we are confident this will be a smooth transition.
3) Our events and community engagement programs will be reformatted and offered where possible as online webinars. Please keep an eye out for more information on this shortly. Those events that can not be reformatted will be postponed or cancelled.
4) Our parliamentary and other advocacy will continue, subject to the decisions of the parliament. We will continue to speak up for nature with MPs and Ministers via email, web conference and phone, and remain a strong and effective voice for our environment.
5) Our other programs will also continue, but in a modified form. Stay tuned for updates on new ways to get involved!
6) In particular, our campaign work will continue as normal. And there is plenty of work to do. It is essential we citizens remain vigilant and active.
7) For our incredible member groups, we hope to offer a range of support in the coming weeks to enable them to keep active and thriving.
We will be reviewing these measures on an ongoing basis to determine whether they remain an appropriate response.
We encourage our amazing supporters to keep in touch so we can share how we can work together creatively and build community in these challenging times.
If you have any questions, or if we can be of assistance to you in any way, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 08 8223 5155.
Please look after yourselves and each other, and find some time to spend in nature where you can.
With all our thanks,
Craig Wilkins and all the team at the Conservation Council of SA and the Joinery