The Tennyson Dunes Open Day is your opportunity to go on a guided walk with coastal experts and volunteers through the last 3-tier dune system left along the Adelaide coastline. This important ecological window into our past is the best place to spot Painted Dragons, Singing Honeyeaters and an array of other native fauna and flora.
Enjoy the dunes fair and have fun with the Coastal Kids activities.
Join experts for the following tours:
– In Search of Dragons, reptiles of the Tennyson Dunes with Peter Matejcic
– Natural History of the Tennyson Dunes with Professor Chris Daniels and Associate Professor Victor Gostin
– Plants of the Tennyson Dunes with Dr Tim Milne and Sarah Telfer
– Climate Change and Coastal Erosion with Dr Murray Townsend
– Living Shorelines with Catherine McMahon
– Caring for the Dunes with Tennyson Dunes Group volunteers
Hear about why the dunes are so unique and what makes them important bird, lizard and plant habitat.
Book now and reconnect with nature.
Adelaide, SA 5022
Google map and directions